‘Be Compliant With New 2016 Staff Training Requirements with Our Subscription Service!
- Affordable low monthly fee – as low as $60 per month! Other companies charge $99 per month!
- Includes Caregiver & Dementia – a total of 26 hours. New regulations require dementia training for all care staff, even if you have no dementia residents. DSS also allows 16 on-the-job training hours to be completed in your facility.
- Also includes 8 hours of Medication staff training – required for staff that assist residents with self-administration of medications.
- Training is for new staff and existing staff to meet initial & annual continuing education requirements.
- Classes are completed on any internet connected device – including mobile devices!
- Certificates available immediately upon completion.
- Each online class is 2 hours, narrated by a qualified trainer, and includes an automated test.
- Multiple staff can take classes simultaneously.
- No books or CD to track, scratch or lose.
- Administrator or designated Team Leader can run reports on each staff’s progress.
- If regulations change, our training changes with it at no extra cost.
- Short 1 year minimum term commitment.
- And we also include online CEU’s Administrators can use towards certificate renewal.
DSS has made ensuring that all staff are trained a top priority. Moreover, properly trained staff equals better resident care, more highly motivated staff , and may help you from losing resident and family lawsuits due to lack of training.
2016 Care Staff Training Requirements:
- 10 Hours – Training on ADL’s and Building & Fire safety/emergency response
- 4 Hours – Postural Supports, Restricted Conditions, and Hospice
- 6 Hours – Dementia Care (required even if you do not have any dementia residents)
- 20 Hours Total Required care staff training hours before working independently with residents
- _6 Hours – Additional Dementia training within the first 4 weeks of employment
26 Hours Total training within first 4 weeks of employment (excludes on-the-job training hours)
2016 Medication Staff Training Requirements:
Per the Health and Safety Codes 1569.69, training hours depends on the resident capacity of the facility. For staff assisting residents with self-administration of medications (“Medication Staff”), staff will complete 6 shadowing hours (16 hours for 16+ facilities) before assisting residents with self-administration of medications and complete an additional 4 (8 hours for 16+ facilities) classroom or online training hours within the first 2 weeks of employment. Medication Staff will also complete 8 hours each year thereafter.
Need more than 30 users? Call 714-747-0725 for special discounted pricing!